In 1909 the concrete steps about creation of Seaside Boulevard were decided at the meeting of Baku Duma. This decision was attributed to initiative of Azerbaijan engineer Mamedgasan Gadzhinsky.
The city authorities assigned on a bookmark of Boulevard 600 000 roubles. Material support was also rendered by the Baku patrons of art.
The first phase included improvement of the coastal territory located between a mooring of a society Caucasus& Merkury and the residence of Mr. Seyid Mirbabaev. Nowadays this territory is extended from the Puppet Theatre up to Azneft Square
In 1950-1960 Boulevard had following facilities opened: caf Mirvari, Bahar cinema, Venice water town and other entertaining complexes.
The vigorous activity in construction and reconstruction in Azerbaijan started within return to power of The National Leader of Azerbaijan Republic Heydar Aliev. The Seaside Boulevard Park was also reconstructed with its length reaching 3.7 km.
By the order of The President of The Azerbaijan Republic Heydar Aliev from December 29th, 1998 the Boulevard Seaside was given the status of the National Park.
In January 10th, 2008 the President of Azerbaijan Republic Ilham Aliyev signed the decree to establish Management of the Seaside Boulevard within the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic. According. According to this decree redevelopment works began. As per the plan the territory of the National Park will reach 25 km, stretching from the marina to settlement Zykh and from the Palace of Hand Games to Bibi-Eybat Mosque.